Sunday 3 March 2019

I have been asked about portlights and pumps fitted to Margherita. The bilge pump Is a Whale Compac 50 and is mounted in a fixed portion of the cockpit floor/sole.  The outlet goes out to starboard, through the side of the cockpit (into the internal accessed stowage area) 90 degree bend then piped up to under the seat base and out through the side of the hull.


The portlights were supplied by Timage in UK and are chrome plated brass.  They do open but I seldom do as sealing them is a pain as the rubber seals are hard.  They are screwed to the cabin sides from inside the boat and the outside rim is dressed with a screw - on chrome trim.  They are shown on the Timage web site at http://timage.eu/marine/portholes-hatches/92-art8-round.html#/116-porthole-8c_chrome_12mm_spigot.  But I am not sure if they still do them.  They are also on Norfolk Marine's web site.  I have two different diameters Timage ref 8B00C and 8C00C.  I cannot access the boat to measure the dia at present - ask if you want me to and I will do it next month.





 

5 comments:

  1. Hello, thanks for the excellent blog. Can I ask if you have any issues with the outboard fouling the rudder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I have a rope preventer five to the Samsung post and looped around the tiller to prevent the alloy prop machining lumps out of the rudder blade. Every now and again....I forget it. Shilling o5 had his motor in a box carved through after deck but it is in the water permanently which I didn't want. All design is a series of compromises and I've learned to live with this one.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing information about marine portlights.
    For more information about marine hardware products please visit our website boat maintenance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......Nice post keep it up and keep sharing. See more about accessories at: boat Hardware

    ReplyDelete