Wednesday 22 October 2008

Some Design Details of "Margherita"

1. Stowage of long items. On other Shillings I looked at there was no where to stow long items such as a boat hook except on the side deck where it would catch the sheet ropes or you would fall over it. On Margherita we made cut outs in frames 6&7 in either side of the cockpit just above seat base height to allow such items to be stowed out of the way behind the seat, under the side deck. This works really well and reduces clutter. You can see this in use, as well as fuel stowage arrangements, in the cockpit shot in my second post.

1 comment:

  1. We sailed together today, Sept 27, 2009, you in the shilling, and me in my Swallow baycruiser.
    If you send me your email I'll send you the photos I took (Iif they come out, I haven't checked them yet. My name is Juia Swindell email julian.swindell@jegsweb.co.uk
    I've got a blog going on my boat as well at
    http://www.jegsweb.co.uk/boats/baycruiser/home.htm
    Hope to see you next season

    ReplyDelete