Thursday 16 May 2019

Under my last post the question was asked if I needed a preventer to stop the rudder hitting the outboard prop.  I do as they will clash and the alloy prop machines chunks out of the plywood rudder blade.  I know this for a fact....  The pictures show the preventer in its two states, active, around the tiller and passive with the loop passed around the starter cord handle, in an attempt to eliminate the chances of running the engine without the preventer in place.  The two Samson posts are very useful for mooring up and are strong. They go down inside the hull, and are glued to the transverse frame.  The main sheet arrangement was my attempt to avoid an intrusive metal horse or a rope one that gets in the way of the tiller or allows blocks to clatter around on the deck etc. You can see it in the last two pics.









3 comments:

  1. It's good post. Do visit our website if you need quality boat supplies for maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you are un USA and I'm in UK that seems unlikely. Please stop adding adverts to my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete